Tuesday 15 December 2015

Rowanjoy 2015 real brides - Brides in Greys and Greens


 This year I have been particularly terrible at blogging about my brides and their dresses, there's just been too many lovely dresses to make! So now with a everything quietening down for Christmas I have a bit of time to look back over the year and share all the gorgeous brides I have had the pleasure of working with this year. 

This year I have definitely seen a trend in brides breaking out from the traditional whites and ivories and choosing colour for their dresses, so many that I am doing 2 separate posts on my brides in colour.

First of all the brides in greys and greens (I cant resist a bride in green after I got married in it myself)

Katriona was one of my October magnificent 7 and chose the most gorgeous shade of green for her dress. Beautiful silk crepe with geometric, floral ivory lace details and sleeves, a keyhole detail at the front neckline and my new favourite design detail a cut out at the back waist all combined to make Katriona's dress.

Photography Lauren McGlynn




Ok so technically Kirsty got married in pink and green, but with a green that awesome how could I not put it in the this section! Kirsty chose the most vibrant emerald green silk douppion for her pleated skirt and combined it with a pale pink silk crepe top with gold lace applique detailing. A waist belt made from a vintage brocade completed Kirsty's Frida Kahlo inspired wedding look, doesnt she look amazing.

Photography Caro Weiss



India wanted a relaxed, boho feel for her wedding dress and chose a fabulous geometric cotton lace which was layered over a dove grey crepe to really show off the lace pattern. The dress shape was kept simple with a v neckline and fitted waist combined with a slightly flared skirt and fitted sleeve, India also chose my favourite back detail with cut out at waist and covered buttons to finish off the dress perfectly.

Photography Caro Weiss




Angela loved the shape of the Clara dress from the made to measure collection but decided the Ivory of the original was not for her. I found a beautiful silver silk satin which was combined with an ivory and gold sequinned lace to completely transform the dress from its original. I think angela looks like she is straight out of a movie premiere from the thirties, damn gorgeous.

Photography Lisa Devine 





Aren't they all gorgeous and all so different. I am looking forward to sharing the pinks and blush dresses tomorrow.

Rowan x

No comments:

Post a Comment