Wednesday 22 July 2015

Rowanjoy real bride - Marianne

Gosh Marianne's dress is one I have been wanting to shout about for a good while as it turned out to be a bit of a new favourite version of an old design. 

When Marianne first came to try on dresses probably over 2 years before her wedding date, she was torn between 2 dresses - The Cecelia and The Grace. Both looked utterly gorgeous on her but neither were 100% what she wanted. We decided to combine the 2 styles using the soft blush silk of the cecelia dress and the silhouette and shape of the Grace with a little twist with the lowered back detail. I knew we were onto a winner. The dress has such a beautiful vintage quality and looks spectacular when combined with the cathedral length veil with gold edging that Marianne also commissioned me to make. I think Marianne looks like she could have walked out of a glorious 1930's melodrama!

I love when making a few changes to one of my designs makes the dress look completely different to the original and gives it a whole new feel. I may have gone a bit image heavy but how could I resist when the photos are so gorgeous of course by the ever talented Caro Weiss

Warning - I've got lots more beautiful brides coming up to share in the next couple of weeks.

Rowan x

Photos copyright Caro Weiss











No comments:

Post a Comment